Friday, June 26, 2009

Sad Story...

So our fabulous mac stopped working a couple of days ago, and that is the computer I use all the time, it has our pictures on it and everything. So while we are waiting to get it fixed I have to use Brian's laptop. I now know that I for sure prefer mac over pc. Anyway, I tried hooking my camera up to this computer but it won't download the pictures, so until I figure that out I thought I would give a little update. By the way, my mac not working is my sad story. We have been busy, working and spending time as a family. We had a lot of fun on Monday going bike riding with Brian's parents, the girls loved it, and it was super cute to see Autumn in a helmet. She wasn't too fond of it at first but once we started moving she was happy. We also had the misfortune of teaching Lily a not so nice word...stupid. I don't like the word, but sometimes when Brian and I are driving, there are some drivers we just don't understand. I cut everyone some slack until we pass a speed limit sign, then I figure they should probably know the speed limit. I mean really if you want to drive 25 in a 45 or 55 speed limit zone you should probably find an alternate route, it is just dangerous not to obey the speed limit not only for that vehicle but for other vehicles following the law. Well, there was a one such occurrence lately where I think we got cut off by the slowest driver imaginable, and we may have said "that was stupid". So the girls were in quiet time playing, and Lily wanted to be done. The only way I let them out of quiet time is if they clean up their room. Well usually Lily and Cloey are fine with that and they clean up all their toys, fold their blankets...this time Lily didn't feel like it and she said "Quiet time is stupid". I about died, my first reaction was, where did she learn that word, then oh man it was her parents, then well it was kind of funny...then I had to tell her that we shouldn't use that word. She then promptly changed her sentence to "I don't like quiet time." I called Brian and let him know what she had said, and we both agreed that we should be more careful. Not that stupid is a very bad word, it just sound terrible coming from a 4 year old's mouth. Well I will try to post some pictures sometime soon, and hopefully my mac gets better soon!

3 comments:

Chad and Becca said...

Sorry about your Mac, I hate when something you love breaks! When my dad was first home he had a bit of a problem with a few choice words. We realized that he said "what the he(ck)" a little to often when Kaylynn couldn't get a toy to work and said what Papa had been saying! haha He is really careful now! lol

The Keeleys said...

I definetely prefer mac over pc, too. anyway abbie copies what we say now we are trying to be careful... Kids learn so fast.

Melanie Rae Gibson said...

funny how vocabulary changes when you have kids listening to your every word... :)