Friday, May 13, 2011

Cloey's Surgery

So on April 14th Cloey got her tonsils and adenoids out. It was supposed to only be a reduction of the tonsils but after I talked to the doctor I signed a waiver that once he was in there really looking at them he could remove them completely if he needed too. When she went in for her prior appointement to see if she would need the surgery the PA that took a look said and I quote, "Whoa those are huge!" Apparantly her tonsils are 70ish percent bigger than they were supposed to be. So we got everything scheduled for her surgery. We had to be at the hospital at 6:30 am for her surgery time of 8:10. Grandma Keeley had her knee surgery the same day at the same hospital. So they were buddies, hours apart ;). Before her surgery we waited in a room where she got to watch some Dora and be cute in her hospital gown, socks, her bunny and a nice warm blanket. I think she makes a super cute patient! Her surgery was only about 30 minutes. The doctor came out after her surgery to let me know that he went ahead and took it all out, it was blocking a lot of things and they were massive. Everything went well and so I grabbed some breakfast while I waited for her to come out of recovery. When I finally got to see her she was so out of it! She didn't really cry, but she whined a bit and it was hard to get her to eat some ice chips, she started with some applesauce before we could get her to take the chips. She just wanted to sleep more, who could blame her. Melted my heart when the nurse said befoer they wheeled her out where I could see her she was asking for me. I love my Cloey and I would be lying if I said I didn't get nervous or get a bit emotional when the took her into surgery. She had lots of love from family with lots of popcycles, mac and cheese, yogurt, pudding, jello, toys, coloring posters, and markers. She recovered quickly and was back at her normal self within a few days. She sleeps so much better now! She sleeps a lot heavier which makes her happier in the mornings. So grateful we got this done and that she is healthier now.






Before:






















After:




So sleepy!




She feel asleep a few times eating her applesauce!




She brightend up a lot on the way home, but she does look pretty pitiful with her mouth hanging open!




Autumn told me to take a picture of her too, I love this smily face girl!




Just resting!



2 comments:

Melanie Rae Gibson said...

Poor girl! I'm glad it all went well. She really is a cute little patient!

Unknown said...

I am glad she is doing better. Those things like being in a hospital is so hard on a kid. I spent many times in and out of the hospital and getting blood drawn, no fun at all. I am so greatful for doctors who can help adults and children feel better. I miss you and hope we can get together again soon. I enjoy your posts! Glad everything is going well.