Every 2-3 months St Lukes does a Memorial Blessing for the babies who have been lost in pregnancy, and birth before 26 weeks. Skyler's was on Nov. 17th at the Dry Creek Cemetery, 5 minutes from where we live. I had mixed feeling leading up to this. I was really emotional, I already get emotional randomly about missing him, but it seemed to happen more as the days got closer to the service. I didn't know what to expect or anything but I am so glad they do this for the families, and for our precious angels. It was nice of them to also have placed a marker where they buried our babies, so we know where he is. They will move it in January for the next angels who need a resting place. I bought 12 white/blue/ivory balloons for ust let fly into the sky, one for each week his tiny little heart beat, it happened that I had enough balloons to hang a letter from his first and last name. So I attatched cute little sail boats with each letter. I brought some flowers and a teddy bear to leave at the memorial stone too. I was so comforted to have some family and my friend there to support us and to recognize my son. The chaplain said a prayer for the babies and the families, there was only one other family who came for their baby who was a boy as well. It was hard to see that the pain I have and continue to feel on their faces too. Everytime hear that someone else has gone through this, which as been more than I ever would have thought, I just feel so terrible for them. I know how hard this has been and still is and my heart goes out to them. I love my son, my little Skyler he has touched my live more than I ever would have dreamed. I love him and know I will see him again one day. I had the honor of carrying him for 16 weeks, and I know my Heavenly Fathe is mindful of me, my family, and my little boy. I have felt so incredibly blessed becasue of this trial in my life, and although I would changed it in a heartbeat, to have him here experience life with us, I know he is where he needs to be right now and I know he is a special Child of God.
My mom and Jesse braving the very cold windy weather! Love you!

No comments:
Post a Comment