Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Our Little Bug!

That's right, we have sweet little one coming to us "in" September, I put the quotes on because...the way my track record goes I will probably have the baby at the end of August. My first due date was Sept. 14, but at my last ultrasound the baby is measuring 4 days bigger. Hey, I will take any time I get! And yes you read that right, the last ultrasound...I have had 3 between Feb. 10th and March 4th. The first ultrasound was my regular ultrasound they do around 8 or 9 weeks. About a week later I had some concerns, so they wanted me to come in and make sure everything was ok...I was a complete wreck! Thankfully Brian came with me and was my strength all they way there and everything turned out to be fine. They had some initial concerns about my placenta being over my cervix, it is normal for it to be low that early in pregnancy, but they had me on restrictions. I wasn't supposed to lift more than 10 lbs and to basically take it easy. So I put a little chair in our suburban and Autumn was able to get into and out of the car easily, she is about 30 lbs ( just a teency bit out of my lifting restriction! ;) ). Then the following week I had back pains non stop, but nothing I was too concerned about until that Thursday, I started having cramping. I felt like a crazy woman calling the office again! It was the end of the day so they told me to rest and then to come in for another ultrasound the following morning. I was pretty sure that everything was fine but I was supposed to be 12 weeks 2 days and that is the time they say I lost Skyler, so the cramping made me super nervous. So I came in and said hi to the ultrasound gal again and we took a look, everything was fine, whew! And the placenta had moved up and looked great! That's when I found out the baby bug was measuring bigger. I had a follow up appointment the following Wednesday with my doctor and heard the heartbeat on the doppler and everything is going better, plus my lifting restrictions were taken off. I am getting bigger and excited for this little one to come to our family! I have already felt very light flutters and I can't wait to be able to feel more movement(always my favorite part of pregnancy). My nausea has gotten better, at least it isn't 24/7 anymore!
The girls are so excited too! Lily has some sort of sixth sense when it comes to me being pregnant, she guessed with Skyler and guessed he was a boy, and when I was about 6 weeks she came up to me and told me there was a baby in my tummy! Brian and I looked at each other and tried to figure out how she knew, we had decided not to tell anyone, including the kids until I was farther along. So I didn't want to lie to her and told her it was a surprise and we weren't going to tell anybody until we got a picture of the baby. Then she proceeded to tell her friends who told their moms( I had no idea) Back at the end of January my niece contracted RSV and was hospitalized (it was really sad!) and I went to visit her so I dropped the girls off at my moms for my sister to watch them. On the way there I told Lily not to tell Sarah about the baby. (my mom was already at the hospital.) She said ok. Later that night I was checking my email and got an email from my friend, she said her daughters told her that Lily had told them that I was pregnant....Lily was coloring while Cloey and Autumn were going to sleep so I asked her if she told them and she just put her head closer to her page, then I asked her if she had told Sarah...she said no pretty emphatically, so I asked her if she was telling the truth. She said yes, but that she had told Grandpa Alex, I forgot my step dad was there too and hadn't included him in her instructions:)! She said that she told him it was a secret and a surprise and we didn't have a picture yet. So I proceeded to call my mom and told her about the baby. I asked her if she knew before I had called because Lily had told Alex. She said no and she asked Alex about it. He admitted to knowing but that Lily had told him it was a secret! We got a good laugh! What a grandpa, willing to keep her secret! She is the most excited about the baby if you can't tell, every night she prays that the baby will be healthy, that the baby won't have any problems, and that the baby won't stop breathing (in that order every night). She is such a sweetie!! Cloey is getting more excited as time goes on, and when I ask Autumn what is in mommy's tummy she says "baby in momma tummy, Baby in my tummy" and points to her tummy and proceeds to argue that the baby is in her tummy. It makes me smile! Here the 3 ultrasounds in order of our little bug, it is crazy how fast they grow in pregnancy.




8 comments:

David and Kendra said...

I am so glad that things are going better for you! it is always great to get to see your little ones and to hear their heart beat. especially when you are not feeling them yet. so glad your little bug is growing and doing good!

Undaunted said...

I am so happy for you. You are such a wonderful mom and this new little on is coming to the perfect home. I will keep you in my prayers. Love you bunches and miss you too.

Angela said...

I'm so excited for you! And so happy that everything looks great. I can't wait to meet this newest little Keeley come September (or August. :)

Shannon said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you and your family! The things your girls say are so cute.

The Keeleys said...

Sooo excited for you and your family! I can tell you all are excited too. I understand being more cautious and paranoid about pregnancy after you miscarry... anyway I'm glad to know the pregnancy is going well. Can't wait to meet your little bug!

Denise said...

YAY! I am glad it is finally announced. I am so excited for your family and ours won't be too far apart! I totally know what you mean about worrying about cramps and every little pain...I still do. I am glad you are feeling a little better too! Good luck with everything.

Melanie Rae Gibson said...

Yeah! I can't tell you how excited I am for you! I am so glad to hear that it is going so well! Love you girl!

Unknown said...

I am so happy for you! I pray everyday that things continue to go well. I was thinking of you the other day and was wondering if you guys were going to try again...isn't that crazy?! I am so glad and hope you have a little boy either way they are so special. Congrats Tammy!