Lily: "Mom, in primary we talked about boys giving blessings to people who are sick."
Mom:"Yes we did, daddy can give you a blessing if you want. Do you want to ask daddy to give you a priesthood blessing?"
Lily: "Yes I do."
Even though it was a short conversation, I was overwhelmed that she had thought about this and that she had remembered what she has been taught. Especially that her faith and testimony are growing about the gospel and especially our Savior, Jesus Christ. Her faith is so simple and pure yet so powerful, I felt the spirit very strongly. Brian was surprised too that she had brought it up too. Brian was on his way out the door after the blessing to fix my Aunt and Uncle's garage door when Cloey climbed up on the seat and wanted a blessing too. So we told her if she got sick than she could have a blessing. But Brian and I had talked last night about starting a tradition of him giving the kids birthday blessings since they don't go to school yet and we always got our blessings before school. But what great experience tonight was to witness testimony growing. I am so grateful for my children and the sweetness and love they bring to our home. And I am especially grateful for the gospel, it is the rock and center of our lives in this chaotic world. I am grateful to my Heavenly Father and my Savior for blessing our home with our three beautiful princesses. I know that Lily will get better and she will remember that she got better because her daddy is a holder of our Father in Heaven's powerful priesthood and her faith and knowledge of His love for her will grow, so that she knows she is special and that He is very aware of her.
1 comment:
This is so sweet! I love how pure and sweet little kids are. Your girls are all adorable!
Post a Comment